Top 10 Productivity Insights to Unlock Workforce Potential
Understanding your team’s work habits is key to driving effective coaching conversations and maximizing productivity. ActivTrak provides tons of rich data to help you gain productivity insights, but the sheer quantity of information can be overwhelming. Where should you start?
We’ve compiled a list of the Top 10 reports for productivity insights from ActivTrak that can help your organization zero in on the insights that matter most. The guidance below will help you leverage ActivTrak data to increase productivity and collaboration across distributed teams, identify team members at risk of burnout and promote healthy work habits.
Download a PDF of Our Top 10 Reports →
1. Executive Summary
Easily keep a pulse on organizational productivity and health
Does your team have the focus time they need for creative thinking, problem-solving and prioritization? The Executive Summary dashboard in ActivTrak provides insights into how long teams stay focused without interruptions; total work hours versus productive and focused hours; team efficiency compared to your organization’s average and more.
- Quickly identify risks to productivity levels.
- Understand utilization trends to ensure ongoing work balance.
- Identify abnormalities or deviations from the norm across your organization.
2. Personal Insights
Empower employees to optimize productivity and maintain healthy work habits
Do your employees know how their habits help or hinder their productivity? ActivTrak provides personal productivity insights into work habits so your employees can see and understand the trends and patterns in the way they work.
- Compare activity habits to team goals and trends.
- View focus time versus attention shift time and the applications and sites that influence them most.
- Review guidance from ActivTrak Productivity Lab experts on how to maintain work balance and wellness.
- Share Personal Insights dashboards via email (even with others who don’t have access to the app).
3. Coaching Opportunities
Help managers become effective coaches to employees
Do you know who may need a little extra support on your team? ActivTrak Coach leverages digital data about teamwork habits and applies analysis to surface meaningful productivity insights and guidance tailored to individual employee challenges. These actionable insights empower managers to become more effective coaches.
- Identify and validate potential issues such as burnout risk, waning productivity or inefficient workflows.
- Drive collaborative discussions with your team members.
- Assess the impact of coaching on team behavior.
- Stay on top of emerging trends via weekly insights delivered to your inbox.
4. Team Comparison
Assess workload balance and identify best practices to share across teams
Do you understand how team members operate relative to their peers? With Team Comparison, you can view similar teams side by side to see how they operate relative to their peers and identify opportunities to adopt best practices.
- Review how your team is working in comparison to similar teams.
- View application usage and time allocation to gain insights into various work styles and processes.
- Leverage team comparison data to help managers unlock productivity potential.
5. Activity Breakdown
Understand how work is completed across individuals and teams
Do you know the difference between understanding “how do you work?” instead of “are you working?” This is especially important with the rise of remote work and the need to ensure sustainable productivity across dispersed teams.
With the Activity Breakdown report in ActivTrak, you can gather insights into habits over time to understand how time is spent and compare your team’s productive time against the goals you’ve set.
- View an aggregation of productive behaviors across your team.
- Assess where individuals struggle to engage in productive work.
- Review where time is allocated across the team to understand where unproductive distractions exist.
6. Workload Balance & Burnout
Quickly assess employee workloads and burnout
Are you struggling to get visibility into who needs help? You are not alone. Studies show that organizations that help teams avoid burnout are more likely to outperform their competition, retain top performers and attract new talent.
ActivTrak’s Workload Balance dashboard helps you view work habits across teams to identify which ones work long hours and off-hours on a consistent basis and rebalance where people spend their time.
- Determine how long your employees are online throughout the day.
- Understand if your team partakes in healthy break time throughout the day.
- Identify employees at risk of burning out as well as those individuals with low engagement.
7. Technology Usage
Understand which applications and websites employees use
Did you know, on average a typical company uses 137 unique SaaS applications? With application sprawl at an all-time high, keeping track of application usage can be time-consuming and prone to inaccuracies.
With ActivTrak you can see how technology is used and measure adoption changes across teams for specific apps and websites.
- View the most visited websites by an employee, total time spent on pages, as well as application and website history.
- Understand if technology is being leveraged to execute the activities required to achieve your goals.
- Uncover apps with redundant functionality to reduce license costs and streamline business processes.
- Identify if there are training gaps that exist with certain technologies
8. Working Hours Productivity
Understand productivity trends and patterns and establish baselines
Do you understand the trends and patterns of your organization’s work behaviors? ActivTrak’s Working Hours report highlights your employee’s first and last activity for each day and provides an overview of their daily activity. This is a great way to establish an operating baseline.
- Compare the total time spent on productive and unproductive activities.
- Highlight when your employees are actively working or taking breaks throughout the day.
- Use adjustable time intervals to analyze daily productivity for individuals or teams.
9. Work Efficiency
Understand overall workforce hours and what causes distractions
Did you know, according to a recent PwC survey, businesses lose $600 billion per year to workplace distractions?
With ActivTrak’s Work Efficiency report you can compare overall workforce hours to the number of productive and focused hours. You can also easily identify what might be contributing to workplace distractions and unproductive behavior.
- Review productive and focus time to see where distractions can be removed while also teaching your employees better focus habits.
- View where time is spent to highlight unnecessary distractions and attention shifts created by inefficient workflows.
- Identify the top applications and sites that affect focused work.
- Compare productive time to non-business activities to understand how employees spend their daily time.
10. ActivTrak for Salesforce
Gain visibility into sales productivity and activities that drive pipeline creation
What makes a great sales rep? With ActivTrak for Salesforce, you can combine sales productivity metrics from ActivTrak with sales rep activity from Salesforce to gain a holistic analysis of sales productivity.
- Identify the activities and behaviors that contribute to new deal creation and task completion.
- Identify bottlenecks in workflows and take action to improve efficiency.
- Measure the success of your onboarding program for new employees.
- Easily identify sales reps who meet desired goals or need additional coaching.
With these productivity insights, sales managers can coach and empower sales reps to focus on the results that matter most.
ActivTrak’s workforce analytics provide predictive insights that help leaders, managers, and employees build trust, deepen engagement and boost productivity in the modern, hybrid workplace. This work is supported by the ActivTrak Productivity Lab, a global center for ground-breaking research and expertise that leverages data sourced from more than 9,000 customers and over 550,000 users. Based in Austin, Texas, ActivTrak is backed by Sapphire Ventures and Elsewhere Partners and is led by a seasoned team of software industry veterans. To learn more visit: https://activtrak.com/.