Visibility and analysis of workforce productivity
Optimizing productivity organization-wide starts with collecting the right data and understanding how that data relates across the business. With factors such as varying operating processes and different job roles, what may be productive to one team may not be for others. ActivTrak’s productivity monitoring software gives the visibility needed within context to monitor productivity, and customize productivity objectives to individuals, teams and departments.
Learn how ActivTrak can help you:
- Gain productivity insights organization-wide
- Discover employee productivity coaching opportunities
- Analyze workforce productivity trends over time
- Make productivity a team effort through transparency
ActivTrak’s productivity tracking software collects user activity data and insights in context so you can analyze from team to team what a productive team member looks like and optimize better business outcomes in the future.Get started
“When we look at staff utilization and realization rates we can now add the productivity report and gain a clearer picture as to what the employees are doing. It also allows management to see when most productivity drops off allowing us to create solutions, such as lunch breaks, relaxing time, and other cultural shifts that work to eliminate these periods.”
– Alessandro Cacciani, Firm Manager, Saranto Calamas CPA/PC
November 30, 2020
Gain productivity insights organization-wide
Productivity measurement begins with the collection and analysis of user activity data. With ActivTrak’s deep insights on that data, users can easily see where there are gains to be made and where productivity is already excelling.
- View total and productive time by individual and team to understand what is typical and who stands out as a top performer.
- Identify collaboration tools employees use most by categories such as messaging, email, meetings, etc. to understand where your employees work.
- Drill-down into detailed reports for additional analysis on top users, categories, applications, and productivity.
- Analyze hours of peak productivity to see when your team is most focused.
ActivTrak’s productivity monitoring software gives you deep insights on the user activity data so you can answer critical questions about how your teams get their work done.Learn more about productivity reports
Identify overloaded employees or unbalanced workloads
Get clear visibility into employee, team, and department groups’ total and productive working hours.
- View trends in productive and passive time to identify potentially overloaded employees so you can redistribute tasks and optimize workload.
- See a breakdown of individual and team work time by app or category to understand what activities are consuming the most time.
- Analyze activities daily, weekly, and monthly to plan and improve scheduling.
ActivTrak provides clear visibility into employee, team, and department groups’ total and productive working hours.Learn more about workload balance
Analyze workforce productivity trends over time
Track, measure, and analyze productivity trends over time across teams and roles in order to understand organization-wide behavior. With ActivTrak’s ActivConnect, you can integrate workforce productivity activities with other external sources for deeper analytics.
- Get direct data access via SQL for export and querying.
- Query and integrate user activity data with BI data visualization tools for personalized reporting.
- Leverage built-in starter templates for BI data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, and Google Data Studio to jumpstart and extend your analysis.
- Correlate ActivTrak data with other data sources such as CRM, HRM, EPM, etc. for deeper insights.
Productivity monitoring software shouldn’t be used in the shadows. With transparency you get with ActivTrak, you can invite team members to the conversation and remind them that the business’ success is their success.Learn more about benchmarks and goals
Benchmarks and goals
Make productivity a team effort through transparency
Productivity monitoring software shouldn’t be used in the shadows. With transparency, you can invite team members to the conversation and remind them that the business’ success is their success.
- Data insights and reports can be leveraged as coaching tools to increase both employee engagement and overall job satisfaction.
- Role-based access allows managers to grant employees access to their own data, encouraging transparency and collaboration.
- Schedule to share individual insights with each team member to empower constructive conversations.
- Leverage productivity reports to find the right workload balance for each team member.
Explore ActivTrak’s Key Features
View a summary of workforce productivity metrics to keep a pulse on issues that impact burnout, engagement and efficiency.
Gain valuable insights into factors affecting employee productivity with reports that drill down by date range, users, computers and other criteria.
See team productivity and availability status to assess workload balance and identify best practices of top performers.
Make data-driven decisions about hybrid work with insight into where employees work — and where they work best.
Uncover opportunities across individuals and teams to balance workloads, increase efficiency and support healthy work habits.
Leverage expert guidance to drive collaborative discussions and empower employees to take charge of their professional development.
Combine workforce activity data with key applications and data sources to understand broader business context.
Empower employees to improve productivity, focus and work-life balance by providing deep insights into individual work habits.
Safeguard privacy and confidentiality without loss of any productivity insights, and forge higher levels of trust with employees.
Hear what everyone is saying about ActivTrak
FAQs about productivity monitoring:
How do you monitor productivity?
Monitoring productivity starts with understanding what productivity means for your organization. Once that is established, you gather relevant user activity data to understand what employee activities help or hinder productivity. Productivity monitoring software, like ActivTrak, can make this process easy, insightful, and ethical.
There is no one size fits all definition for productivity. Each business has unique aspects for productivity success. A critical analysis of your business success markers will help you understand which key metrics point to successful productivity. They could include revenue goals, a production quota, or service ticket objectives. Keep in mind that quantity of time spent working does not always equate to quality.
Once you have those productivity guideposts, it’s important to discover what employee activities feed productivity and set appropriate goals and policies based on those insights.
How does productivity tracking software work?
Productivity tracking software collects data on user activity, usually via an agent on the individual user’s computer. Employee behavior and activities are displayed in views to understand how productive employees are during working hours. Businesses use that data to discover trends in productivity and can answer questions like ‘Do my employees have the technology they need to do their jobs?’, ‘What habits do my employees display that serve or hinder productivity?’, and ‘How are my employees managing their time?’ With actionable insights, business leaders can make informed decisions and collaborate to improve productivity organization-wide.
Can companies track productivity and performance effectively?
With the right data and insights – yes. Employee productivity software can help analyze employee behavior and give organizations the visibility they need to make informed decisions. If using employee productivity software to track the productivity of your employees, one can often see negative trends before they impact goals and head issues off at the pass or elevate insights to influence company policy to influence positive change. Over time, those performance metrics could change as work conditions change or company goals shift. Using employee productivity software can help validate changes and give decision makers the data they need to verify decisions.
What is ActivTrak’s approach to productivity monitoring and employee monitoring?
Improving productivity organization-wide requires creating a baseline with which to measure from. Creating that baseline necessitates the collection and monitoring of employee activity data. We know employee monitoring and activity analysis have a mixed history and association with surveillance and heavy oversight. ActivTrak intends to change that by focusing on the real output of employee monitoring: improved productivity.
We designed ActivTrak from an ethical stance: with the foundational principles of transparency, collaboration and informed insight. We’ve willfully developed a powerful platform that focuses on the collection of contextual data, avoiding intrusive employee monitoring technologies like video surveillance and continuous screenshots. We challenge users of our product to join us on our journey to move employee monitoring from the time of oversight and into the results and data-driven space that is productivity insights and optimization of work.