The Best Books and Podcasts about Productivity
No matter if you’re traveling home on an 8+ hour car ride or staying put, I’d like to take the opportunity to send along some of my favorite productivity, management, and performance materials so you can dive in when you find yourself with some downtime over the holidays.
Whether you have 3 minutes or 3 hours, hopefully, you can find something on this list that challenges the way you think about your personal and workplace productivity habits.
For the podcast listener:
· Unproductive Days, Content Fatigue, and Cultivating Character
· How Science Can Fix Remote Work
· The Science of Self Motivation & Productivity
· How to Beat Distraction & Stay Focused
For the article skimmer:
· How to Actually Encourage Employee Accountability
· The Rise & Fall of Getting Things Done
· 4 Things to Consider before you Start Using AI in Personnel Decisions
For the book devourer:
· Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise by Anders Ericson
· Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialist World by David Epstein
· The Progress Principle by Teresa Amabile and Steven Kramer
· Thinking Fast & Slow by Daniel Kahneman
At ActivTrak, we care about making the workplace better. We’re in the business of enabling organizations to create more supportive, fulfilling, and engaging places to work, all while achieving business success. Because when the workplace works, so do people.
As we close out the year, my challenge to all of you is this: become a student of your own productivity. Reflect on what makes you more or less productive. Consider what focus means, how you cultivate it, and what you need in order to reach it. Through this, we can not only be more productive and get more done during our workdays, but we can also be healthier and happier throughout our entire days as well.
Want more productivity resources?
- Visit the ActivTrak Productivity Lab
- From Data to Decisions: Workforce Productivity 101
- Productivity 101 Webcast: How to Define, Measure, and Improve Productivity in the Workplace
- Report: Using Productivity Analytics to Measure and Improve Performance and Engagement
About ActivTrak and The Productivity Lab
ActivTrak helps companies unlock productivity potential. Our award-winning workforce productivity and analytics software provides expert insights that empower people, optimize processes, and maximize technology. With data sourced from more than 8,000 customers and 250,000 users, ActivTrak’s Productivity Lab is a global center for ground-breaking workforce productivity research and expertise that helps companies embrace and embody the future of work. Get a free account, no credit card required.