Healthcare is one of the largest and most complex industries in the U.S. economy, accounting for 18% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2020. The aging Baby Boomer generation, combined with the COVID-19 pandemic, is driving an ongoing, strong demand for healthcare workers. Yet the future of remote work in healthcare has been a pressing topic over the past year, as healthcare workers are leaving the industry in droves.
While frontline caregivers were forced to remain on-site, support staff were sent home, pushing health systems to advance technology adoption and providing an opportunity for companies to reevaluate inefficient practices.
With this newfound need to reevaluate day-to-day operational practices, managers found that they needed visibility into the workday and habits to overcome the challenges they faced including:
- Ensuring employees are engaged during business hours
- Verifying that employees are closely aligned to goals
- Adjusting workloads across teams
- Identifying employees that need training or mentoring
- Preventing employee burnout and turnover
- Making work easier through process improvements
By implementing a workforce analytics platform like ActivTrak, healthcare organizations have access to the workforce data they need to address these challenges in an effective, employee-friendly manner.
Getting the critical insights you need with ActivTrak
ActivTrak is a workforce analytics and productivity SaaS platform that provides data-driven insights through intuitive reports and dashboards. The data and insights collected enable managers to understand how work gets done and how to spot successful patterns to prioritize the work that matters most.
With ActivTrak, managers can gain actionable insights into:
- How productive your team is
- Action: Gain real-time productivity metrics and insights into active, passive, and offline time with Team Pulse.
- Benefit: Managers can view real-time employee availability and current activity across remote and in-office teams and individuals.
- Employee risk
- Action: Activate pre-built alarms and customize your own with any combination of conditions.
- Benefit: Easily identify and monitor risky behavior within your organization to help ensure company policies are adhered to.
- Ways to coach employees
- Action: Get personalized recommendations on how to fine-tune workload balance, productivity, efficiency, and focus across teams with ActivTrak Coach.
- Benefit: Managers can identify issues before they become bigger problems and leverage actionable recommendations to become more effective coaches. This can also help to drive more collaborative conversations with team members.
- How technology is used
- Action: Identify usage of irregular or productive apps and proactively uncover gaps in procedure training in the Technology Usage Report.
- Benefit: With a list of specific productivity-hindering websites or apps, managers can address policy exception and prevent compliance risks,
- How workloads are balanced
- Action: Quickly assess workloads and team balance to help prevent employee burnout with the Workload Balance Report.
- Benefit: Managers can identify both underutilized and overutilized team members to more effectively balance workloads and increase efficiency.
Everyone wins with ActivTrak
Healthcare organizations nationwide use ActivTrak’s productivity insights to equip leaders with the data they need to improve productivity and operational efficiency across teams.
The ActivTrak platform enables healthcare organizations to:
- Report on employee activity and alert on potential compliance violations
- Increase accountability while instilling a culture of trust, transparency, and workload balance
- Enable managers to run more effective and productive teams
- Track productivity trends across hybrid, remote, and in-office work settings
- Find coaching and training opportunities
ActivTrak provides data-driven insights that paint a more consistent, continuous, and unbiased picture of employee engagement and productivity, reduce distractions, and recapture critical focus time — helping companies design more optimal workloads, workflows, and workdays that help reduce the risk of turnover.
Over 9,000 organizations across the world trust ActivTrak
Learn why our customers choose ActivTrak to improve their team’s productivity and operational efficiency — create a free account.
ActivTrak helps companies unlock productivity potential. Our award-winning workforce analytics and productivity management software provides expert insights that empower people, optimize processes, and maximize technology. Additionally, with data sourced from more than 9,000 customers and over 450,000 users, ActivTrak’s Workforce Productivity Lab is a global center for ground-breaking research and expertise that helps companies embrace and embody the future of work.